Wednesday, September 06, 2006

When life hands you lemons.....

make lemonade!

Last Wednesday started off as any normal work day, but it became evident very quickly that this was no ordinary day. My position was eliminated as The Home Depot continues its' efforts to remain profitable in today's highly competitive market. My initial reaction was that I had just been handed a bushel full of



I called Robert at work, and he decided to come home to help me figure out what the heck we should do with this bunch of lemons. What would happen if we squeezed the lemons?

Of course! You get lemonade! And that's what we did, we decided to take a day that started on a sour note, add sugar and there you go - lemonade. We are getting married!


Cheers! After three and a half years together - we decided to go for it.

And contemplating the future? Well, you never know.... I may just open up a lemonade stand! Seriously folks, this is the beginning of another chapter in my career and I am excited about the possibilities.

We ended the day at Turner Field - it was a good day afterall!


6 comments:

Ken said...

so, you would like a lemon theme kitchen? that'd wake you up!!

Kansas City Happenings said...

Congratulations to you both! Hate to insert an apology about your job, so, I won't. I know things will work out in that area, they always seem to anyway - I'm very happy for you! How does Dakota feel?

Jen Strange said...

woo hoo, a wedding to look forward to!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!

congrats, you two!

jen

Anonymous said...

I love your positive attitude. I think you and Robert and are very special couple who will have a wonderful life together!

Anonymous said...

Your story with the lemons is so cute. Congrats to you both. I can't believe the big day is almost here. - June

noe and brayden said...

we couldnt be anymore happier for the two of you. we wish you both the best the world has to offer and im glad that you two have found your true love and happiness in the world. sheri- thank you for bringing out the best in my dad, and dad- thank you for being the best dad. love you both