Sunday, October 29, 2006

Random Musings

It's been awhile since we have updated y'all - not necessarily because we are so busy, but more so that we have been distracted.....

So as you may already know, both Robert and I have begun new jobs in the past couple of weeks. Robert got a promotion to Executive Sous Chef at the Grand Hyatt in Buckhead. Two weeks in and he likes it alot, but is working many extended hours. (Hmmm... guess that goes along with the territory) And guess what?! He has his very own 'assigned' parking spot!

And me, back at The Home Depot in the Learning Department. This position is very cool because of the direct contact I have with the field (aka stores). An important lesson learned through out this experience for me is to always be ready for the unexpected. The only thing constant is change.

"Uno-dos-tres-quatro-cinco!" is the latest word from Nathan, one of our three wonderful grandsons. Elijah is cooing and smiling more - and I have received promises of pix really soon! (I just may have to go to Florida to take them;-0)

Brayden, who is now five months old is taking swimming lessons! Is he a fish or just a Hawaiin baby?

Robert's family in Hawaii is fine after the earthquake, but it sure was a scary experience.

We'll be moving in a couple of weeks, and still have LOTS of packing to do...... Any and all offers to help are graciously being accepted! (just joking!)

I am hooked on HGTV and TLC! Yikes!

We had the opportunity to go out with our friends this weekend, and guess what?! That Indian seems to be following us around!



















Did you know that you can get unlimited car (truck) washes for only $29.99 a month?! What a deal! I think we have the cleanest truck in town!

Trader Joe's opened in Atlanta.

There is a family of otters living in the 'lake' in back of the house we are moving into!

We're married and he STILL brings me beautiful flowers!

Anne Taylor Loft has the most fabulous fitting slacks ever! (for the ladies, that is!)

I have stuffed pink flamingos and purple hippos in the trunk of my car. (don't ask!)

The Larry Griffith band is playing at Doc's on November 11th! I promise you will really like these guys!

Oh and BTW - even Chefs like home cookin'!

The Saints are 5 and 2, that's something to cheer about since it hasn't happened in like, forever! (And yes, Robert wears his Reggie Bush jersey every Sunday!)

Did you know that a music stand also doubles as a TV tray?



2 comments:

Jen Strange said...

hey -- do you need me to mail your apartment key back to you so you have all of them to hand in? LOL. let me know!!!

jen

Makalani said...

Nah - just give it to Dad so I don't have to make another one. I've got keys in a few states now - have no idea how many... Thanks!