Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Dennis the Menace comes to .....

Hotlanta! Who would've thought that Atlanta would be so severely impacted by Hurricane Dennis?

The Corporate Command Center at my place of employment is staffed to help our associates in their time of need, as well as provide supplies to our customers. We stay pretty much in tune with the hurricane warnings so that we can anticipate the impact and react quickly. Even through all of this, I don't think anyone expected Dennis to hit so hard.

Major thorough fares here in Atlanta were shut down due to flooding from rain and overflowing tributaries. Two of my friends and one of my co-workers had their basement flood. Robert and I are fortunate to live in a complex situated on the 'high' road and more importantly on the second floor. This is one time when we don't really mind the steps.

The weather bureau has forecast an active hurricane season, so batten down the hatch and try to stay dry!

No comments: