Tuesday, June 21, 2005

So when did it happen?

We wake up one day and all of a sudden we are grown, responsible adults.

It rained hard last night and woke me up at 2:30.

Then Robert (in his sleep, no less) says, "What are you going to do with that?"
Now, since I am already awake, I respond in my very best NY accent, "You talkin to me?!"
Oops, I woke him up (he was dreamin'....) He said he was in "Hells Kitchen" (for those of you who don't know, that's a reality TV show about the restaurant business.)
So we joked around a little (mind you it's 2:30) and fell back to sleep.

Fast forward to 5:15am, the alarm is ringing and I am playing tag with it. I don't want to get up, I really don't want to go to work.

It's now 6:00am, and I drag myself out of bed, make coffee and get a shower. Robert is still sleeping because he is on vacation.

We have talked about this before. When did we go from being irresponsible, do what ever you want, to being so darned responsible? Could it be that we adopted or subscribed somewhere along the way to 'work ethic?'

So the work day begins, deadlines and meetings consume my thoughts and I forget the fact that I wanted to stay home and nap today.

Look at who's grown up, it's Robert and Sheri!

1 comment:

Jen Strange said...

hmm . . . I would have thought this whole grown-up thing might have hit you, oh I don't know, a year ago when you became a GRANDMOTHER!. heh. Sheri, you will never TRULY be grown up. You'll still be crazy cool and young hearted when you're 80. And probably then will be able to sleep in a little, eh? I'll only be 60 then, I'll drive you around so we can go shopping and stuff -- but we're not leaving the house until after noon on any given day. Deal? ;o)

jen