Friday, May 20, 2005

And the winner is..........

Chris and Robert! And the prize? A Demo CD of Zoom & Da Flash, an obscure jazz band at Crystal's on the Square.

Let's start at the beginning. So Chris is in town, and is doing the 'Clinician' thing for the band at one of the local high schools of a guy that I work with. Now, as funny as it may seem to those of us who are related to Chris, or have known him for any extended period of time, he is a pseudo celebrity to folks out there. So..... they want to do dinner with us (Robert & I only because we are his mode of transportation. ;-0) and we decide on Willie Rae's at Marietta Square. It was really a great time and fun was had by all.

Now, because these were all parents with kids, and a band director as well, they had to go get some sleep to prepare for the next day at school. But, since Chris can sleep in and Robert has Friday off.... we went to Crystal's on the Square. This is one of our favorite places and though it's very small, it is also very cozy and always has live music. So this takes us back to the beginning.... Zoom, the lead singer, decides that he is going to do a giveaway for copies of his Demo CD. (Is he hoping that someone really from the music industry will be there? hmmmmm....) So, "Anyone with an out-of-state, but borders Georgia Driver's License?" Well, I'll be a Mom of a Drum Major! That would be Chris! But wait! Robert says, "I have a Kroger card!" to which Zoom replies, "I'll give you a Demo CD if it has two identical digits next to each other!" Well, I'll be a Bass Playin Chef's girl! Said Kroger card is good for more than competitive pricing on groceries, it also can get you a Demo CD of Zoom & Da Flash!!!! Now, this band was OK, but let's think about this folks, they were 'giving' their CDs away like no tomorrow, so it's off to Darwin's (which by the way is pratically right across the street from our place.)



Barry Richman was playin at Darwin's and was pretty good. After Chris finished the last of his "Irish Car Bomb," it was time to head on home. All in all, we had a good time, but it was even better because Chris was here.

So today Chris will go back to the high school to judge the Drum Major auditions, then it's off to Chicago for the official beginning of his age out summer with the Cavaliers. For those of you who have never seen the Cavaliers, I suggest you go to see a show. It is something you will never forget. It's off to work for me, but first I think I'll wake these guys up!

Y'all have a great day!

1 comment:

Jen Strange said...

well Chris is a pseudo-celeb because he is good at what he does, he is friendly and nice, and let's face it -- he's hot. (Does the fact that you're my 1/2 sister make that any less creepy for me to say? HA HA.) I can see how Chris would have a fan base, he's awesome.

You guys have WAY too much fun . . . I've seriously never known anyone who makes life as interesting as you. (And yes, I know you have your boring moments.) I can't wait to see you next week!

So are you ever going to let Robert write and give us his side of these stories? ;o)

Jen