Tuesday, May 17, 2005

He's coming to....

Atlanta! Chris will arrive tomorrow at precisely (or as close as Airlines come to that) 2:25pm. Now one would think that I would be a good Mom and be there no matter what, but ...... a really important meeting with a really important person came up tomorrow and I had to make a choice. Wait another week to meet with this really important person, who by the way will not be available again until next week and would throw my project totally off schedule, or ask Chris to wait until I get to the airport to pick him up. Well, call me a selfish Mom, but I chose the later.

So, Chris will wait for me, but I will make it up to him. Well maybe Robert will make it up to him by cooking a fantastic meal, but we will spend quality time together. Chris is on his way to Chicago via Atlanta for one last memorable summer with the Cavaliers Drum and Bugle Corp as the Assistant Drum Major. From there, he is off to make a name for himself in the windy city of Chicago, where he plans to secure a position at a marketing firm. I know that he will sorely miss Florida, especially Mike, Angela and baby Nathan (who I will talk relentlessly about in another post.)

Check Chris out at his new website to keep up with his life. He is particularly wishing for lots of mail this summer and you can also find the mailing address on his site.

1 comment:

Jen Strange said...

take lots of pictures of that cute boy for me -- and BACK THEM UP!!! heh. Have fun, guys.

Jen